Login or Register

Welcome: Guest

Home >> Forum >> General Knowledge >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share  

Total number of Languages spoken in India?

September 27, 2010   by: Shrihari Sawant    Points :2   Category :General Knowledge    
Total number of Languages spoken in India> Do you know how much much it is?

Responses
Author: willylive           
Posted Date: 09/27/2010     Points: 8    

There are 15 official languages in India, but Hindi is the national language of India.

Hindi (the standard Hindi in addition to the many dialects of different understanding, the formation of macro-language) is the most common language of India. Indian census takes the broadest possible definition of "Hindi" as a wide range of "Hindi". Native speakers of Hindi so defined accounts for about 43% of Indians.

Indian English is recognized as the mother tongue 226,449 Indians in the 2001 census. English is a second "language of the Union", except Hindi [1].

Thirteen languages account for more than 1% of India's population each, and each other more than 95%, and all of them are "scheduled languages of the Constitution." Planned languages by less than 1% of Indians Santana (0,64%), Nepali (0,28%), Sindhi (0.25%), Manipur (0.14%), Bodo (0,13%) Dogri ( 0,01%), according to the Jammu and Kashmir). The largest language, which is not "planned" is Bhili (0,95%), followed by Gond (0,27%), Kumaoni (0,21%), Tulu (0.17%) and Kurukh ( 0.10%)

Willy Live

Thanks & Regrads

I welcome everyone to friendship :"Good all come together do something "

God bless all of you and be gracious ! we all should love one another as your own !
Author: Hrithik           
Posted Date: 10/22/2011     Points: 1    

There are 22 national languages in India. But more than 2000 languages are spoken by different peoples.

Author: anil gupta           
Posted Date: 10/24/2011     Points: 2    

I think it is hard work to count language which is speaking in India. I don't know about other states but in my state Rajasthan speaking language is changed after every 100KM. Indeed India have to much speaking languages. Hindi is mother of all these.

Author: sonu25           

Most languages speak in India is as follows :
1. Hindi
2. Bengali
3. Telugu
4. Marathi
5. Tamil
6. Gujarati
7. Kannada
8. Malayalam
9. Punjabi

Author: sonu25           

Most languages speak in India is as follows :
1. Hindi
2. Bengali
3. Telugu
4. Marathi
5. Tamil
6. Gujarati
7. Kannada
8. Malayalam
9. Punjabi

Author: anil gupta           
Posted Date: 10/25/2011     Points: 2    

Dear sonu, It is not a complete list of languages speaking in India. Rajasthani, Dogri, Ordia, and some more language a speaking in India. More over states have Separate language. In Rajasthan Hadoti and Bagir are although Rajsthani language but these are differ one.

Author: Paulose           
Posted Date: 10/25/2011     Points: 2    

There are also many languages which are only in spoken form. There are many languages dying without use. For example some dialects in Andhaman Nickobar languages are facing extinction.

Author: ushakiran           
Posted Date: 10/26/2011     Points: 3    

I would say that there are far more than 15 languages spoken all through India.Take for example my own state Karnataka - we have four official languages namely Kannada, Konkani, Thulu and Kodava.I am sure it is the case with several other states where there are more than one official language spoken ...India also has many dialects spoken by smaller tribes !

" Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower " ...

Please Log In To post reply

Related Questions

What was the total number of Special Economic Zones in India before the SEZ act was enacted in 2005?
What was the total number of Special Economic Zones in India before the SEZ act was enacted in 2005?

Suggestion regarding total number of members.
We know that Exposeknowledge is a new site and we are pretty excited to know about the success which this site will get in future . I want a feature that will help us to know total number of registered members in Exposeknowledge. This will help all of us to know how popular this site is becoming.

Anil Agarval number one billionair in India soon.
If Anil Agaraval takes Kain Energy''s business in India Mukesh Ambani may lose his number one billionair position in India soon.

What is the total number of bones in the human body?
What is the total number of bones in the human body?

How many official languages are in India?
How many official languages are in India?

Latest Questions From the Same Category

Film Stars and Politics
Celebrities and especially Film stars make very inefficient and poor politicians since they have no real dedication and except for a few south Indian stars like MGR, NTR and Jaya Lalitha noone has really been able to make a mark as an able politician even in the Rajya Sabha

Scriptures and other classics...
There are so many old sriptures and classical books belonging to various religions and societies that have added on value and knowledge to us.Which among them did you find the most impressive ? My own choice is Mhabharat !

Illegal doingloading of songs
Almost 40 billion songs are downloaded illegally each yers

Do you know?
The brain waves of two musicians suchronize when they are playing a duet.

First CD which launched in India
Pankaj Udhas''s album Shagufta launched by Music India in December 1987 was the first compact disc launched in India

Top Performers     Top Contributors     Share and Earn     Terms of Service    Privacy Policy     Contact Us