Login or Register

Welcome: Guest

Home >> Forum >> General Knowledge >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share  

Why crocodiles swallow stones?

August 10, 2010   by: Kumaresh    Points :2   Category :General Knowledge    
Dear friends,

Do you know crocodiles swallow stones. Why they do so?

Thanks,
Kumaresh

Responses
Author: kalyani           
Posted Date: 08/11/2010     Points: 2    

I think they swallow stones to help them in digesting food and also the stones add more weight to the body which enables them to dive deeper in water and stay submerged!

Also, the reason would be that the crocs cannot chew their food to small bits, they can only tear and swallow large pieces of food. The stones act as crusher to grind the food in their stomach.

"God writes a lot of comedy... the trouble is, he''s stuck with so many bad actors who don''t know how to play funny. "
Author: Mathi           
Posted Date: 08/11/2010     Points: 1    

I think It is helps to prevent ulcer from its acetic liquid .

GOD IS ONE. HE/SHE IS BEYOND OUR THOUGHTS.

Cheers
Mathi
Author: abid areacode           
Posted Date: 08/13/2010     Points: 1    

I agree with Kalyani's reply regarding the digesion process.Some animals have some adaptation like this to digest the food they take in.

'' Ideas don''t always come when seated in the office ''

Please Log In To post reply

Related Questions

Where are Crocodiles Found ?
Where are Crocodiles Found ?

answer pl

why do pangolins swallow insects whole.
why do pangolins swallow insects whole.

Latest Questions From the Same Category

Film Stars and Politics
Celebrities and especially Film stars make very inefficient and poor politicians since they have no real dedication and except for a few south Indian stars like MGR, NTR and Jaya Lalitha noone has really been able to make a mark as an able politician even in the Rajya Sabha

Scriptures and other classics...
There are so many old sriptures and classical books belonging to various religions and societies that have added on value and knowledge to us.Which among them did you find the most impressive ? My own choice is Mhabharat !

Illegal doingloading of songs
Almost 40 billion songs are downloaded illegally each yers

Do you know?
The brain waves of two musicians suchronize when they are playing a duet.

First CD which launched in India
Pankaj Udhas''s album Shagufta launched by Music India in December 1987 was the first compact disc launched in India

Top Performers     Top Contributors     Share and Earn     Terms of Service    Privacy Policy     Contact Us