Login or Register

Welcome: Guest

Home >> Forum >> Sports >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share  

In India, only cricket is being given much importance compared to other sports and games..

May 20, 2011   by: Sushila S Iyengar    Points :2   Category :Sports    
In India, only cricket is being given much importance compared to other sports and games. The cricket players are also paid enormously and awarded in addition to that.

Responses
Author: Joina           
Posted Date: 05/21/2011     Points: 2    

I don't know the reason why Indians give more importance to cricket than all other sports and games. We all should give equal importance to all other games like football, tennis, badminton etc. Otherwise these kinds of games will move away from India.

Author: SP           
Posted Date: 05/21/2011     Points: 5    

Irony of the story is hockey is our national sports and not cricket but it seems that we have got one education to watch and know cricket. Hockey we watch when India and Pakistan plays otherwise I don't watch hockey. It is the task of the government to encourage sports and create awareness about the sports. Today when Olympics happens we appreciate ourselves of bringing mere 10 gold while China is not happy after wining 200 gold.
The government needs to built infrastructure and attract private players to compete with cricket. That is the reason I don't watch IPL because some how I feel those sports are getting more deprived because of this.

Author: Prasanth Kallay           
Posted Date: 07/22/2011     Points: 2    

Yes, it it true. In India cricket is considered a religion. Cricket is played in every part of the country. It is played by the rich and the poor. Even a child dreams to become a Sachin one day! What to speak about the striving cricketer who dreams to play for India?

Author: butterflygirl           
Posted Date: 08/17/2011     Points: 3    

Really? In my country, cricket is basically unheard of. The most popular sport would be basketball. Basketball players are paid high amounts and have the privileges anyone would want to have. But I guess, cricket players just happened to be paid well because they are really good, right? I guess it adds honor to the country then. :)

Author: ushakiran           
Posted Date: 08/17/2011     Points: 3    

I agree that it is very unfair.here the only consideration is monetary.The importance is given because Cricket has become famous in all common wealth countries and there is a lot of money involved and everybody wants to be a part of the booty! It is like anywhere else in India,greed and politicisation of a game...we can see that several politicians are also closely involved with cricket..

" Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower " ...

Please Log In To post reply

Related Questions

How many matches did india win in the 1983 prudential (one day cricket) world cup?
please share your views.

How many matches did india win in the 1983 prudential (one day cricket) world cup?

Commonwealth Games to be held in Delhi- India
What do you thing about this event? No doubt India is proud to have a chance to host this event. But how far will it be beneficial to our country?

Regards
Sushila

who is the highest wicket taker bowler of India in test cricket?
hey friends can any one tell who is the highest wicket taker bowler of India in test cricket.

Will Commonwealth games 2010 in India be a success?
Daily one news or the other is coming about the commonwealth games arrangements.Will it be a success or failure? What is your opinion?

How can Commonwealth Games made successful in India?
In India most people are lovers of cricket and thats why may be people won''t go much to watch the commonwealth games live. How can it be made successful and how can it attract lot of audience in India?

Latest Questions From the Same Category

Glenn Maxwell is the new storm in IPL 2014
Maxwell has already scored 184 runs in 2 games in IPL 2014. He was the key player in Punjab''s victorious chases against Chennai and Rajasthan. He has become the star of the Punjab team. He is the new storm in IPL 2014.

Sri Lanka won through D/L system
Sri Lanka has won the match against West Indies through D/L system. They won by 27 runs. Now it will be Sri Lanka in the finals against either India or South Africa. Who do you think will make it India or South Africa?

Removal of Sri Niwasan, ex chairman of BCCI
Supreme court of India remove Sri Niwasn and depute Sunil Gwaskar and Shiv Lal Yadav to work as president of BCCI. It is victory of sports.

Who will be champion of T20
Tournament of T20 is begin in Bangaldesh. Who will lift the trophy in this year. I think SriLanka and Pakistan will be champion.

India lost match with Pakistan in Asia cup
India lost match in lost over with Pakistan in Asia cup. With this defeat India almost out from the tournament.

Top Performers     Top Contributors     Share and Earn     Terms of Service    Privacy Policy     Contact Us