Login or Register

Welcome: Guest

Home >> Forum >> Current Affairs >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share  

Should reservation quota system be banned in India ?

June 13, 2011   by: gaurisood    Points :2   Category :Current Affairs    
Do you think having different types of reservation quotas - minority community quota,OBC quota,qota for SCs,STs in jobs ,admissions etc is benificial?
Or is such quota only responsible for dividing society and leading to selection not based on merit ?

Responses
Author: Lion           
Posted Date: 06/13/2011     Points: 4    

These quotas may divide the people of India. God has given the same knowledge to all. But we are not using our knowledge properly. So there is no need of quotas. The jobs should be given to those who use their knowledge effectively. I think there should be quotas for physically challenged people. They should be given more reservation in all fields. Whatever it may be, with quotas many people are getting benefits. We should think about that part also.

Author: rekhas           
Posted Date: 06/13/2011     Points: 3    

I would suggest to remove all reservations. There are men and women, the two different genders that god made. Rest all differences are made by man. Hence, when these days, we consider women to be equal to men, why demand for reservation. Then, when women do not want a reservation, there is no need for others to claim a reservation on grounds of being weaker sections. People should be getting a preference based on their merit.

Author: ushakiran           
Posted Date: 06/14/2011     Points: 5    

Reservation as a system came into being because of some valid reasons. The problem was the manner in which it has been implemented.I personally feel that giving financial help to poor students who perform well regardless of caste and religion is a step in the right direction. However , the system we have now is a curse . There is reservation in every single field including where promotions are concerned. here performance and personal capabilities take a back seat and people who do not come under the reservation category feel disillusioned and would lose interest in bettering their performances..

" Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower " ...
Author: gaurisood           
Posted Date: 06/14/2011     Points: 7    

According to me also it is high time that the reservation system should be removed .Instead selection should be based purely on merit and not your caste,religion etc. Most of those identified under OBC category are amongst the richest in India so in what way are they backward that they should be getting these privelages.
Especially in a country where there is so much competition ,it puts more pressure and frustration in the minds of students in "General category " since most of these seats are hogged by undeserving but reserved candidates . I myself had sat some years back in an entrance test of a very prestigious engg college in India. And when the results was announced ,a candidate who had obtained zero marks in Chem ,some 15 marks out of 200 in Maths and negative marks in Physics had actually made it !! How he would have eventually cleared his engineering I really dont know .

Author: butterflygirl           
Posted Date: 06/14/2011     Points: 4    

Quota system, in my opinion, is somehow the same with the olden segregation and slavery system. It classifies people according to their race, education level, income, and gender. If this happens, the basic meaning of community is lost- which is diversity, equality and peace. I believe that more people (on the higher society or group) will be tempted to abuse their positions since the gap between the quota is intensified. India would be a better place if everyone is equal and I know a lot of citizens will agree.

Author: SP           
Posted Date: 06/15/2011     Points: 6    

Quota and Reservation system is a waste of talent as per my opinion. If a youngster who is talented more than the boy who belongs to some reserved quota then whose loss is this? I think the country suffers. In India it is prevalent for more then 2 decades. So in my opinion there is need to revisit the draft and revise it to decrease the quota slowly.
If i go back and analyse, way back on 1990 it was introduced and it's been more then 20 years that means a whole generation of weaker section who belongs to this quota have been benefitted. It means at present they have either become self sufficent or may be wealthier and there kids are also getting good education. So it's time to progressively reduce the percentage of quota so that talent comes up.

Author: venkit           
Posted Date: 06/15/2011     Points: 1    

It was to raise people in backward class.
And as per rules it was only for 50 years.
Now there is no need of reservation.

Author: Prasanth Kallay           
Posted Date: 07/22/2011     Points: 2    

I don't think so. It should prevail in such a manner that it gives a good chance for everyone to prove his or her mettle. Policies are the very life of any administration for that matter. I don't see anything wrong with the reservation policy.

Please Log In To post reply

Related Questions

What is the term "PNR" means in the Indian Railway Reservation System?
What is the term "PNR" means in the Indian Railway Reservation System?

It takes lot of time to boot the system. Any suggestions?
I have got a pentium 4
3.2GHZ with 512mb of DDR ram.
the problem which im facing is that ive got windows xp and it takes a long long time for the system to boot up? and once its on the desktop it run''s fine.
what should i do to get the boot thing fixed up??
before it used to boot up within seconds..and now it takes hell lotta time.
i''d appreciate it if anyone could help me out here.

Do you think India can win Asia cup?
The Indian cricket team''s performance has been bad. The team would be playing Asia cup shortly. Do you think that with players like Sehwag, Gambhir and Harbhajan Singh returning the team can go on to win the world cup.

Is there any office of this website in India?
Is there any office of this website in India? If yes then can anyone share address.

Who will win the today match India vs Sri Lanka
Hello friends,

Who will win the today match between India vs Sri Lanka. Both are in the final. So this match has no importance. But who will win it?

Thanks,
Rakesh.

Latest Questions From the Same Category

Modi''s clean up plan
Narendra Modi government has launched an ambitious mission to clean up the mighty Ganges River. Is it possible to clean this large holy river completely?

How to complain about mentally ill government officials extremely infatuated with young women half t
Which is the best way to complain about mentally ill government officials who falsely claim that the domains on which an engineer has spent her hard earned money, belong to their lazy slim bsc pass young girlfriend sunaina, residing at devki krupa, la campala colony, panaji, goa siddhi mandrekar who in reality have not spent a single paisa on the domain names.
These young women are just lazy liars with powerful boyfriends who will never earn enough money to register or renew many .in domain names, but the government officials are probably bribed by google and tata to abuse their powers to spread these false rumours promoting their liar girlfriends.
Any suggestions to make these powerful officials and their lazy liar young girlfriends behave honestly for a change. Mental illness of officials can be the only reason why sunaina, siddhi mandrekar, nayanshree are showered with so many powers despite not spending a single paisa or doing any work.

How to take legal action against an NRI?
How to take legal action against an NRI for giving fake references to his friend, claiming that she is an engineer with twenty years experience, to appoint her to important positions in intelligence agencies, when she is not an engineer or has any experience. He is probably supported by GOOgle and Tata in this scam, reporting emails as scams.

How to find salaries, perks and pensions in indian intelligence agencies?
How to find salaries, perks and pensions in indian intelligence agencies? It appears that many women have got fake references of twenty years experience from powerful officials, when they have no experience, and are not even engineers in most cases, to get lucrative positions in government agencies at the expense of an experienced engineer who these powerful officials are jealous of, hate and want to destroy her life.

Which is the best organization to help scam victims in India
A single woman, online exporter has been a victim of very big scams by at least seven powerful individuals, would like to know the best organization in the country to help the scam victim, get justice, and recover the money stolen?

Top Performers     Top Contributors     Share and Earn     Terms of Service    Privacy Policy     Contact Us