Login or Register

Welcome: Guest

Home >> Forum >> Current Affairs >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share  

Bidhya Bhandari - the first woman President of Nepal

October 29, 2015   by: Joina    Points :2   Category :Current Affairs    
The Parliament of Nepal elected communist lawmaker Bidhya Bhandari as the country's first woman President after the adoption of a landmark constitution last month.

Responses
Author: anil gupta           
Posted Date: 10/29/2015     Points: 2    

It is another example of women empowerment. Good thing. Nepal is depends on India for petrolium products for last 40 years but now Nepal execute agreement with China's petrolium country for supply of all petrolium products. It is not good for India.

Author: Joina           
Posted Date: 11/01/2015     Points: 5    

Nepalese got the first woman PRESIDENT for their country. When she has been elected to the post of Nepal's President, scores of supporters waited outside for her and she thanked lawmakers for appointing her for this post. Mr. Bhandari, a rare female face in Nepal's parliament took up politics in her teens.

Meanwhile, Nepal signed its first fuel agreement with China and Beijing has agreed to donate 1.3 million litres of petrol to Nepal. This is because of fuel shortages in Nepal due to trucks not entering from India. The shortages have led to overnight queues at the gas stations in the Nepalese capital and prompted the government to turn to its northern neighbour for help.

Author: anil gupta           
Posted Date: 11/05/2015     Points: 1    

India is not responsible for shortage. It is new constitution of Nepal.

Author: Joina           
Posted Date: 11/26/2015     Points: 1    

I do not know more about this matter. I got this information when I read the newspaper. Whatever be the reason, it is not good for our country.

Please Log In To post reply

Related Questions

What is the name of the first woman president in the world?
Tell me

Who was the first woman president of Chile?

Was President Obamas reply on the oil spill right?
lets just share our feelings together since i believe that he is the wisest in USA,since he is their President.

Was President Obamas reply on the oil spill right?
lets just share our feelings together since i believe that he is the wisest in USA,since he is their President.

Latest Questions From the Same Category

Bidhya Bhandari - the first woman President of Nepal
The Parliament of Nepal elected communist lawmaker Bidhya Bhandari as the country''s first woman President after the adoption of a landmark constitution last month.

Birth day of Dr. Kalam
Yesterday was 84th Birthday of Ex President of India Dr. A.p.J. Kalam. Here students celebrate this day as student day. Happy Birthday Dr. Kalam.

Santhara is suicide and salvation
Santhara (also Sallekhana, is the Jain(Jainism) practice of voluntary and systematic fasting to death. High court of Rajasthan said that it is sucide. But Jain community said that it is way of attaining moksha. What is right?
http://www.firstpost.com/india/debating-santhara-the-jain-practise-isnt-suicide-but-indian-laws-dont-see-it-that-way-2408134.html

Who is great Auranjab or Dr Kalam
Government of India change name of Aurangzeb Road at Delhi. Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam road. Now in these it is question of debates that Auranjzeb was a hero or villian. It is right or wrong to change to the name of road. I am in favoure of this change, and you?

Hottest Issue, Reservation
In these day Gujrat is on fire. One cast of this state demanding reservation in Government job. They are on agitation and it claimed more than 10 life and property of some thousands crores burned by agitators. It is joke here that a son of IPS of IAS wants reservation.

Top Performers     Top Contributors     Share and Earn     Terms of Service    Privacy Policy     Contact Us