Login or Register
Proper Care of the Respiratory System
September 06, 2011 by:
joeldgreat Points: 15
Simple tips on how we can take care of our Respiratory System.
The respiratory system is as important as the other body system. When a part of the respiratory system has an ailment, it cannot function properly and the other parts are affected. Aside from gases that make up air, other substances may also be present in the air. These includes dust particles, salt particles, pollen grains, fumes from industry, emissions from motor vehicles, microbes (like viruses and bacteria), and spores of fungi and so on. Polluted air contains substances that are harmful to living things and the environment. Air pollution affects people mostly though the respiratory system. The people most at risk are those suffering from asthma, those who work in cement plants, feed mills and textile mills, street sweepers and traffic enforcers. If you have family who are exposed to air pollution in their workplace, remind them of the benefit of wearing a nose mask when they are on duty.
How can we take care of our respiratory system?
1. Most respiratory diseases are air-borne. It is important to breathe clean, fresh air. Cover your mouth and nose when you are in a crowed place or when the air is heavily polluted. Wearing a mask over the nose is now common in urban areas and in factories.
2. Cigarettes contain poisonous substances that are harmful to the respiratory organs, especially the lungs. Refrain from smoking.
3. Respiratory ailments are contagious. Colds and coughs are visible signs of most respiratory ailments. Do not stay too close to people who have them. When they cough or sneeze, germs are sure to be in the air. You may catch these germs and get sick, too.
4. Go to a place where the air is clean and do breathing exercises. These will help make your lungs strong and increase their capacity to hold air.
5. At first sign of a serious respiratory infection, consult a doctor. Early diagnosis and treatment will prevent complications. It is also necessary to treat any infection that affects the respiratory system to prevent it from becoming worse.
Sometimes a member of a family may have a respiratory ailment that confines him or her to bed. How should a person with a respiratory ailment be cared for? Make the patient comfortable. There should be enough light and air in the room. Provide the patient with proper diet and plenty of juices to drink. Give the patient daily sponge bath. This will help him or her feel comfortable. Help the patient take the prescribe medicine on time. Let the patient have enough rest. Change bed sheets and pillowcases daily.
No response found. Be the first to respond to this post
Log In to post comment
Proper Care of the Digestive System
Identifying the ways to care your digestive system and practice proper care of our digestive system. Providing Proper Care for your Laptop Battery to Increase its Lifespan
This article is about on how to provide proper care for your laptop battery to increase its lifespan. It enumerates the basic ideas that you might not know before on using your laptop battery. It also provides additional information about laptop battery and its types. Advantages of Proper Skin Care Treatment
Earlier years have viewed huge evolutions in the range of skin care treatment. After all, the incalculable alternatives you are being presented in the system of skin care products and remedies are a bit puzzling only to encounter a successful skin care treatment. Proper Care of Bones
How can you take care of your bones to keep them healthy and strong? Proper Care of Body During Puberty
Because of the sudden changes that take place at the onset of menstruation for girls and circumcision for boys, care must be taken on the proper ways of caring for their bodies.
Latest Resources From The Same Category
Psycho analysis - what it involves !
psychoanalysis has proved extremely helpful in curing borderline cases although there are some criticisms against it because of the lengthy process involved.. Homeopathy treatment for children
This is an article which explains some childhood diseases that can treat through homeopathy What Kind of Aliments Faulty Ways of Carrying School Bag cause?
In previous article we discussed, "Disease aliments which are caused by carrying heavy school bag." Today, we will discuss, "Disease aliments which faulty way of carrying school bag cause." Diseases which Result in Children out of carrying Heavy School Bag
School bags are getting heavier day by day and so are the problems of school children. Yes, problems of school going children are increasing, just because of these heavy bags. Consume these 8 Things in Balanced Diet Heart Patients
You must listened time and again and recurrently from your health specialists, "consume always balanced diet". But, have you listened, that along with general balanced diet suggested to normal healthy humans for keeping their health meter up to good, normal and natural mark; there are diverse types or specific kinds of balanced diets which are suggested to patients of particular disease category.