Login or Register
Proper Care of the Respiratory System
September 06, 2011 by:
joeldgreat Points: 15
Simple tips on how we can take care of our Respiratory System.
The respiratory system is as important as the other body system. When a part of the respiratory system has an ailment, it cannot function properly and the other parts are affected. Aside from gases that make up air, other substances may also be present in the air. These includes dust particles, salt particles, pollen grains, fumes from industry, emissions from motor vehicles, microbes (like viruses and bacteria), and spores of fungi and so on. Polluted air contains substances that are harmful to living things and the environment. Air pollution affects people mostly though the respiratory system. The people most at risk are those suffering from asthma, those who work in cement plants, feed mills and textile mills, street sweepers and traffic enforcers. If you have family who are exposed to air pollution in their workplace, remind them of the benefit of wearing a nose mask when they are on duty.
How can we take care of our respiratory system?
1. Most respiratory diseases are air-borne. It is important to breathe clean, fresh air. Cover your mouth and nose when you are in a crowed place or when the air is heavily polluted. Wearing a mask over the nose is now common in urban areas and in factories.
2. Cigarettes contain poisonous substances that are harmful to the respiratory organs, especially the lungs. Refrain from smoking.
3. Respiratory ailments are contagious. Colds and coughs are visible signs of most respiratory ailments. Do not stay too close to people who have them. When they cough or sneeze, germs are sure to be in the air. You may catch these germs and get sick, too.
4. Go to a place where the air is clean and do breathing exercises. These will help make your lungs strong and increase their capacity to hold air.
5. At first sign of a serious respiratory infection, consult a doctor. Early diagnosis and treatment will prevent complications. It is also necessary to treat any infection that affects the respiratory system to prevent it from becoming worse.
Sometimes a member of a family may have a respiratory ailment that confines him or her to bed. How should a person with a respiratory ailment be cared for? Make the patient comfortable. There should be enough light and air in the room. Provide the patient with proper diet and plenty of juices to drink. Give the patient daily sponge bath. This will help him or her feel comfortable. Help the patient take the prescribe medicine on time. Let the patient have enough rest. Change bed sheets and pillowcases daily.
No response found. Be the first to respond to this post
Log In to post comment
Proper Care of the Digestive System
Identifying the ways to care your digestive system and practice proper care of our digestive system. Providing Proper Care for your Laptop Battery to Increase its Lifespan
This article is about on how to provide proper care for your laptop battery to increase its lifespan. It enumerates the basic ideas that you might not know before on using your laptop battery. It also provides additional information about laptop battery and its types. Advantages of Proper Skin Care Treatment
Earlier years have viewed huge evolutions in the range of skin care treatment. After all, the incalculable alternatives you are being presented in the system of skin care products and remedies are a bit puzzling only to encounter a successful skin care treatment. Proper Care of Bones
How can you take care of your bones to keep them healthy and strong? Proper Care of Body During Puberty
Because of the sudden changes that take place at the onset of menstruation for girls and circumcision for boys, care must be taken on the proper ways of caring for their bodies.
Latest Resources From The Same Category
Hyponatremia: a serious sodium deficiency
Hyponatremia is a silent but a serious diseases that occurs because of sodium deficiency. Here I explain the reasons, symptoms and preventing methods of this disease. Three categories of this disease is also given here. Top ten food for the health of women
Women are physically weak. They need healthy and nutrient food items in each stages of their life. This article explains about top ten healthy food items that are very necessary for women to live healthy. Be Heart Smart - Your Emotions can break your heart !
The more outgoing and social you are the better your chances of keeping away heart diseases Secret of Looking younger forever
We cannot stop aging process. Span of life i s not in our hand. Our life and body is gift of God. We should be care it, With some small thing we can slow down aging process and looks younger and active. Psycho analysis - what it involves !
psychoanalysis has proved extremely helpful in curing borderline cases although there are some criticisms against it because of the lengthy process involved..