How To Make Sweet Lassi
May 18, 2013 by:
Writer013 Points: 6
Category: Food & Drinks
How to enjoy a cool drink of sweet lassi during the summer season to quench your thirst and make you feel cool and refreshed.
Sweet Lassi is one of the best drinks to have during the summer season when you are feeling tired and dehydrated and looking for something to help you feel cool and refreshed.
It is a drink that is made of curd and contains many nutrients such as protein, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B-6 and vitamin B-12 that are good for health.
It is one of the most popular drinks across India, regardless of the different names that is known by and the different ways in which it is made.
Nobody can resist the revitalizing feeling that lassi gives us, when we are looking for a way to replenish our energy needs during long periods spent outdoors.
Ingredients for Sweet Lassi
1. 1.5 cups or 600 gm yogurt/curd
2. 7-8 small teaspoons of sugar
3. ½ cup water or cold milk
4. ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
5. 1 pinch saffron (optional)
6. 6-7 almonds, chopped or sliced (optional)
7. 1 tsp rose water (optional)
8. 1 1/2 glass ice cubes while serving the lassi
Instructions on how to make sweet lassi
1. Firstly take the yogurt, cardamom powder, water and sugar and put it in the mixer/blender and beat the mixture until the ingredients are dissolved.
2. Try to mix the ingredients until they are finely mixed, but avoid overdoing it or you will find the mixture uneven.
3. Add crushed ice cubes, garnish with some cardamom powder and sliced almonds.
4. The lassi is ready for drinking and serve in tall glasses.
4. As per your requirements, you can also chill the lassi and then serve.
Lassi is one of the easiest things to prepare, so beat the heat and enjoy your glass of lassi to your heart's content.
Log In to post comment